Drink Water – Plenty of It!
We are always reminding our members to drink lots of water and to stay hydrated. A lot of the time members will remember to drink water after a workout, because they physically feel thirsty, however, the key is to continuously drink water throughout the day.
Regardless if your goal is to gain muscle mass or loose body fat, you need to drink water to help the process.
Here some other reasons why water should be your choice of drink 80% of the time.
- Your body’s organs requires water to properly function;
- Drinking water helps weight control, it is common for people to over eat because they mistaken the body’s dehydration for hunger;
- Muscles require water to perform and recover;
- Water helps improve skin quality;
- Water helps your kidneys, which is essential to aiding your body get rid of waste and toxins from your body;
- Water helps regulate the body’s bowel functions.
We recommend that you drink some water every hour. If you find it hard to keep track of how much water you are drinking, keep a water bottle with you, at your desk at work and bring it to the gym when you go home.
If it is a 1-liter bottle, you can make it a goal to finish the bottle by 1pm and refill it and finish the bottle again before bedtime.
Try to choose water to accompany your snacks or meals. It doesn’t have sugar like other alternatives and is healthier for you.
You can read more here: 6 Reasons to Drink More Water