Tip of The Week
Getting Your Doubles Unders (DUBS)
Walking out of the gym with tiger stripes on your arms?
Kicking a dumbbell every time you trip on the cheese wire?
Feast your eyes on the following tips to help you hopping over the rope in no time!
- STANCE: Stand up tall with your shoulders back and down. Your body now should be perfectly aligned!
- AIR SKIPS: Now start air skipping (NO ROPE). Keep your knees soft and jump from heel to toe. There is no extra bend in your knees, they stay soft all the way through. As soon as your feet take off from the floor flick your wrists down. This will perfect your timing of whipping the rope under your feet. Do this for 1 minute or until you get expert timing!TIP: Jump on the same spot – don’t move around, draw a shape on the floor and stay on the shape!
- GRIP OF THE HANDLES: Make sure the palms of your hands are facing forward, now take a light grasp of the handles (just enough pressure in your grip so the handles aren’t flying out of your hands when you begin to skip!)
- SINGLES: Now use the same timing of your jump as we did with air skipping and apply it to your single skips. Aim to hit 30 singles in one go – then…Perform 30 singles at double the height of your normal jump this will result in a slower skip.After your 30 high singles perform 30 fast singles only using your wrists to whip the rope under your feet!
- DO THE DOUBLE: – Jump high spin fast, see what it’s like to do 1 double under!
Once you’ve had the feel of one double under now it’s time to string them together!
Use this sequence:
- 5 singles 1 double* 5 singles 1 double repeat for 1 minute.
- 4 singles 1 double 4 singles 1 double repeat for 1 minute.
(When doing this keep the height and speed of your jump consistently, then when performing a DU spin your wrists faster!)
Keep decreasing the singles until you can get 1 single 1 double then attempt your max effort double unders!!
SO now you’re chaining double unders and looking like a pro!?
Awesome… Attempt Max Effort double unders in 3 minutes! This is a basic measure in which you can keep testing once per month to see how you’ve improved!
By: Coach Sam Grudgings
CF: Tuesday 22nd May 2018
10 cal bike/row
8 DB/KB strict press standing
5 broad jumps
Vertical dip – feet flat
Powerful hips into drive
Start @ 70% if 1RM is known
3 x 3 minutes each person
20/15 cal row
15 HR push ups
ME DB snatch in remaining time
MR: Tuesday 22nd May 2018
10 Cossack Squat
8 Box Dips
1 Length Duck Walk
1: ME Box L-Sit
2: ME Hollow Hold
3: ME Superman
Tempo 3s down 2s pause 1s up
Increase weight after each set but with perfect form
Burpees over the Bar